Wednesday 2 July 2014

Leaving on an Airplane

Assalamualaikum ladies,

Salam Ramadhan Kareem to everyone. May this holy month be full of barakah for you. Always reminding myself to do extra deeds and be good throughout and Inshallah continue doing whatever I am doing now even when Ramadhan is over. 

Anyway, this post is about sharing with you some tips on how I choose and pack shawls for my getaway trip. Speaking of trip,  i miss packing my luggage on the last minute of every getaway. I miss holidays, great food and sacred place. Might plan a trip after Eid then (hehe). Hopefully this might be useful to some of you. 

I used to loathe packing, always having trouble finding the perfect scarf to match my outfits and having to bring so many scarfs, i tend to overload the luggage. So after several trips, I manage to understand what I love to wear when I'm over at other's country and what type of scarfs I should bring and avoid. 

So here's
Tip No 1:
- Bring scarfs that are easy to fold. You may choose to roll or fold them into small squares, for me i prefer rolling them.
Materials that are easy to fold would be Chiffons(any type). This mean less space used and you can bring as many scarfs as you want.


Tip 2: 
- Get something that doesnt need much ironing or best those scarfs that requires NO Ironing. There's lots of them, mainly would be thin cottons, chiffons and viscose type. But note, viscose have the tendency of leaving many holes and its quite thick. It may take up space in your luggage and might be hot to wear especially in countries like Indonesia (eg Jakarta, Bali, KL and etc)

Tip 3:
- Prepare assorted scarfs meaning pattern or plain. I will always go for more plain cause its easy to match with any outfit however if I want to appear more vain, i  put on the most fanciful pattern scarf that i own!
Number of scarfs varies according to the number of days you will be spending.  
For example, I will bring at least 4 different plain scarfs and 2 patterns for one week trip. 
For longer period, you may want to increase the quantity but please be reminded to check your luggage size. You would't want to squeeze all the pretty scarfs and ruin them. So i will leave for you ladies to decide. 
For my case, i will repeat my scarfs but mix match them with different outfits to have different look daily. 

Tip 4: 
- Bring something easy to wear. Hoodies & Instant syria is a life saver. Trust me, you will need this two if you are dealing with weird weather forecast. 
This two serves as a "grab and go" for me whenever I am late for my meetup with my tailor, supplier or friends. 
Also if you just need to grab some food outside the hotel or at the lobby, instant scarfs are the best. 

Tip 5:
- Never forget your Inner Ninja / Inner headband or Inner cap. Bring a couple. Wash and recycle them. You don't need 1:1 ratio for this. 

Tip 6:
- Just don't be afraid to be bold, confident and try new things. You may just love what you see in the mirror.
And don't forget to bring your favourite Pins!

I may not have consider other points perhaps you may want to add on to it if you have any! Feel free to share :)

PS: We have Instock Glam Hoodies available for Purchase head over to our Instagram to see more details @xoxoawliyahchic





No comments:

Post a Comment